RO or UV: Which Is Better for Water Purification

Water purifier service near me in Allahabad

The fundamental human health requirement is to drink clean, safe water. One solution is to use water filters to meet this fundamental human need. Compared to the conventional method of boiling water, which utilises expensive fuel and has safety concerns, technological advancements have made purification simple and convenient. These days, water purifiers are required in every home.  ‘Water purifier service near me in Allahabad‘ could give you many results if you have made a new purchase.

Different varieties of products are available. Tap water is no longer a dependable water supply due to the widespread contamination of water sources. Cross-contamination between sewage lines and water supply lines, which run parallel to each other, frequently results from the fact that most towns in India do not have a 24-hour supply. 

This could lead to contaminated water supplies and waterborne illnesses like cholera, hepatitis, typhoid, and many more. It also has an adverse effect on the immunity of the body.

Market-available water purifiers use various filtration methods and water-purifying technologies. Every brand promises to serve the best filtration process and promotes their product with their USP. As a result, choosing the best water filter for your home may stump you. 

One must thoroughly understand how each one operates to choose the finest for their home. Numerous variables come into play, with your drinking water supply playing a major role. Your choice of water filtration technique will depend on the types of contaminants present.

Among them, UV purification and RO purification are frequently the finest options. Although the RO surely enjoys greater appeal. However, until the entire functioning fails, each needs routine maintenance! The search engine “RO service near me in Allahabad” provides wide options. You can get a thorough comparison of these two here.

RO Water Purification: 

It is a purification system that passes water molecules via a polymer semi-permeable membrane. Because of this osmosis process, dissolved salts and other contaminants cannot get mixed with filtered water; only water molecules can. As a result, dangerous bacteria and dissolved pollutants are absent from RO-filtered water.

Reverse osmosis membranes can remove up to 90% of the dissolved material from your water, including any necessary minerals. Water with 400 ppm TDS level reduces to 40 to 45 ppm, which is way below the TDS margin. 

UV Water Purification: 

The best method is eliminating germs and impurities like bacteria, viruses, and cysts. It does not eliminate any vital minerals from your drinking water. Generally, it is considered to be ideal for lower TDS water. All the harmful elements are removed while keeping the water’s health value. 

The UV water filter benefits health since it eliminates all dangerous microorganisms from the water without altering its flavour. UV purification neither adds any chemicals nor it wastes any water so it is the most environmentally friendly water filtration method.

Which One is better for you?

Both remove unwanted and harmful properties and kills bacterias. Now the question stands what suits your water better? 

An integrated pre-filtration system in RO purifiers enables them to function with murky and muddy water. On the other side, dirty water is incompatible with UV filters. To successfully eliminate the microorganisms, the water must be clean. Therefore, UV filters might not be wise for locations where the water has a lot of debris. All of the germs in the water are removed by the UV filter. 

But the dead bacteria continue to float around in the water. A RO water purifier, on the other hand, eliminates bacteria by killing them and filtering away their floating lifeless bodies. Water with low TDS levels needs to remove only bacteria and microbes to get safe drinking water. But high TDS level water requires a deeper filtration process, for which RO purification is suitable. 

Water purification systems using reverse osmosis (RO) squander a significant amount of the water that passes through them. In a home RO system, more than 80% of the water is rejected or wasted, leaving only 20% or less for consumption. RO water purifiers need electricity to increase water pressure. UV filters, however, can function with normal water pressure.


Hopefully, this article has proven beneficial for understanding the difference between RO and UV filtration. Apart from that, purifier functionality depends largely on how well-maintained it is! Ensure that you opt for regular servicing from the best servicing company.

You May Also Like

About the Author: John Watson

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *